Tuesday 13 September 2011

Day Three

Not going to lie today was ridiculously hard!!
I had a strop in the morning when I had my rice for breakfast and refused to eat it.  I then got quite upset with myself for doing this because I keep thinking about how I have a day where I know this ends but the people I am doing this all for having NOTHING and would give anything to have had that bowl of rice that I chucked out!!

I am way more aware of other peoples eating habits and how regularly they eat as well... I walked past a girl today and she was eating and then said to her friends "i physically can't eat this" because she was so full.

This is the attitude I hate... eating because we can and not appreciating how lucky we are.Its like the old saying parents used to say to get you to finish your meal... "the starving kids in africa would love that" ... well yeah they would but we can't get that food to them can we?
How about, rather than spending money on excess food... buy what  we need and then with the spare cash that we would have spent buying the chocolate biscuits and fancy fruit juice, donate to charity that gives to those starving in Africa? So you won't be wasting any food that the kids would love and you are giving in a way that actually helps them.

No comments:

Post a Comment