Sunday 11 September 2011

Meal #1 - Rice for breakfast

Its not much fun waking up and realising you can't have your morning cup of tea.. or a bit of toast for that matter. I have never had rice for breakfast until now and its quite a humbling experience.
Take away all those fancy cereals, breads and spreads and your early morning meal becomes some what of a different experience.

I was forced into a time of reflection whilst eating my bowl of rice. The rice wasn't un-enjoyable (maybe because its the first?) but it wasn't my favourite way to start the day.
This is the process I want to be going through. Realising how blessed I am with where I live and the opportunities I have and really being aware of that but to the extent that I am fully aware of how I am in the minority with my lifestyle... most people in the world are hungry and don't get three meals a day.
Why is this how the world is? There is plenty of wealth, plenty of food for all to be fed 3 meals a day... yet somehow distribution is a little 'wonky'.

That is just my thoughts for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment